Monday, February 9, 2009

I Just Love Pretty Pictures

I think only mudwrestling could be funner.
by Mil'vardea

I left our group to travel to D.C. for my Aunt's very first art show. She's been painting since before I was born, and is an extremely talented woman. But, despite the fact that I was out of town, I can't do anything without an entourage, so I invited my buddies from my college dorm days to join me on my little romp to NoVA.

Vienna, Virginia, if you've never been there, is a delightful little, and safe, town, right outside of the city, offering CEOs and other ritzy folks a retreat from the dangers and dirt of the city, without living too far from work (with a ritzy little price tag attached to all of those homes and apartments, let me tell you). This place is pretty, and probably one of the safest places within a 150 mile radius of Washington D.C. We had quite a time on the town.

Liz, my old college roomie, and her husband Matt, and another old college roomie, Jess, and I dressed to the nines (which is our books means wearing our new jeans instead of the holy ones, and something other than a t-shirt) and paraded gallantly through not only the artshow, but the spiffy little sushi restaurant downstairs. All-in-all, it was prettiest experiences of my life, and I enjoyed it throughly.

My aunt has her own website; check out her art for she is very talented: pamelabickford.com. The show was a success; my dad and my other aunt were among the people purchasing Glicees that evening. I think Aunt Pam also had a fantastic time; she was grinning ear to ear and was bouncy, which is cute as hell to watch. Like a kitten with a ball of yard, but smarter, and much much more talented.



The Beautiful Artist and her Work


..::heartsinfall::..

No comments: