Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Something I'd Forgotten to Post

It's been awhile, but I'll try to set the scene for you.
by Mil'vardea

You know those crazy kids who spend hours or days without bathing, standing in wait for a huge, geeky movie to come out, like all those nerds who slept outside and forsaked bathing and normal socializing to catch a bit of "George Lucas' table scraps" when the Star Wars movies came out?

Yeah, I kind of felt like that.

I was passing a conversation between goth kids at the mall, and I heard the words "Twilight," "Movie," "Theaters," "Soon," and "Vampires" all in the same sentence, which made my ears perk up. I had no clue what Twilight was, but I was going to see that damn movie, because I freakin' love a good vampire movie. I was thinking, from the teaser trailer I went home and looked up that the movie would be along the same storyline as an Underworld movie or some such.

Sounded good. In passing, I mentioned, months before the movie even thought of hitting theaters, that if Smoo went to go see Twilight with me, I would see Quantum of Solace with him. In all fairness, it was a good exchange; I hate Bond movies, and he hates... everything else, so we would get to see the movies we wanted to see, but wouldn't have to go by ourselves, like the huge friggin' nerd kids that we are.

I managed to talk myself out of getting dressed up like Dracula for the movie, but I was excited; I had not seen anymore trailers or anything to ruin my preconceived notions about the nature of the movie. I was as pure as snow stepping into the theater, and came out a changed person.

I think I am the only human being on the planet that is not a tweenaged or teenaged, love-sick, overly-romantic fangirl that actually enjoyed the movie.

Our totals for seeing this movie in theaters are as follows:
Canada: 7 times
Smoo: 6 times
Irish Cream: twice
Buzz: once
Sister: once
Mil'vardea: 8 times
Black Beard: zero, and damn proud of the fact

Our love for Twilight was, not for the romance (which was about as deep and mysterious as a puddle), nor the supposed "hotness" of Robert Pattison (which I, frankly, don't get; his looks do not appeal to me), but from the hilarity that ensued.

I don't think I've ever laughed through a whole movie that was not a comedy before.

The only thing I've ever seen that was funnier, were all the Twilight haters making fun of the movie on Youtube, such as Evil Iguana, Angry Aliens, and this little gem which you have to watch all the way through, to get how funny it really is.

Irish Cream, Buzz, Canada, and I decided to read the books. We mostly got through them, but Canada's finals have interrupted her reading, so she is not done. But we decided, like the nerdy fans that we are, to go to Walmart at midnight and buy the DVD, where we happily ate cake with Kristen Stewart's face on it, bought the DVD, and made fun of the girls with "Team Edward" written across their boobs.

All in all, this little obsession made us disproportionately happy, and I wanted to share our supidity with you.

..::heartsinfall::..

No comments: