Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Witness to History in the Making

Though, Most People Won't Get It
by Mil'vardea

I witnessed history in the making on Sunday, May 24th, 2009. My favorite AIHL team, the Winchester Generals, finally won their first game! Like ever, in the history of the team, ever.

My brother came down for the weekend from Winchester, to visit us, and the team came down too, to play against the Raleigh Dragons, the Richmond Rollin' Robins, and one of the teams from Maryland.

My brother and I decided to go to a couple of games on Sunday, and say hi to the guys. My brother plays hockey with some of the guys on a Sunday Night league. I got to see some of the guys, and it was awesome.

After the game, you would have thought they'd won the Cup. One of the defenseman's fathers was sitting on the bleachers with us, and I remember him saying so. "It's a bit more like the Styrofoam Cup," he said, laughing.

We congratulated some of the team members afterward, and my brother mentioned that he thought the team was playing much better. "Yeah, we did. We just stopped passing the puck to the other team."

Congrats, Winchester Generals. We love you.

I still want one of your jerseys. And not the highlighter ones.

.::heartsinfall::.

No comments: