Thursday, September 25, 2008

Board Game Night!

With Ghosts and Vampires and Battleships, oh my!
by Mil'vardea

Have a board game night, including some of the stupid/awesome games we played as kids.

Board game night went as well as can be expected. I supplied Electronic Talking Battleship ("Enter. Letter. Number. Fire.") and Nightmare, which is an OLD board game from 1991 where you play the game and this creepy Gatekeeper guy watches over it from a VHS induced, hour-long decent into "nightmare-ish" and rather hilariously ridiculous "scary" moments. When he's not yelling "STOP!" at the top of his lungs at you, he's giggling like a school girl or trying to creep you out with his patented glowing-eyes-and-snorting-like-a-pig trick. While it was scary when I was seven or so when the game first came out, it made most of us laugh our asses off (although I think everyone else jumped out of their skins the first time he yelled at us, although no one would admit it). IrishCream, Smoo, Sister, and I played, with the lights off and the volume up, just like the instructions tell you to.

A side note: we missed you Black Beard! I wish you could have joined us, but with a 100 degree fever, I'm not getting anywhere near you. I love you though, I promise!

I think everyone had a great time, even if we lost to the Gatekeeper. Smoo and I are looking for one of the other games to play; hopefully ebay will supply.

..::heartsinfall::..

No comments: