Friday, September 19, 2008

First Day of Semi-Remorse

And it's only our first day in the field. I figure, it can only get better from here.
by Mil'vardea

Put love notes on pretty Valentine's Day cards on random people's cars.

Well, at least we checked something off of the list.

The plan went as well as it could have. Smoo, IrishCream, and I (Mil'vardea), went down to a local, expensive, preppy college (a college I personally have avoided since our last D&D run down there), and carefully chose three random cars on which to tape our Valentine's in Fall cards. They are pretty, handmade little things I got on uber-sale last year, and never had a chance to use them. I'm glad they went to a good cause. They are about an inch and a half by two inches, and covered in sparkles, gold ink, and are extremely pretty.

We chose cars by their positions; out of any direct parking-lot-lighting, older models (therefore presumably without alarms) and took little pieces of tape, taping our tiny, shiny little Valentines to the very center of the driver's side of the front windshield.

All went well for the first two cars, and we giggled, deciding last minute to add one more car to this particular round. I wrote out a deliciously corny poem (written by IrishCream and her lovely self) on one of the cards, which read "Firetrucks are red / the sky is blue / I think my heart / has fallen for you." I scrolled our e-mail address for this little escapade (wondering who might respond and how), and taped it to a little, off to the side car in one of the parking lots. As Smoo and I pulled out of our parking spot, we noticed an older, very happy looking couple walking up to the car.

I guess we never really think out the repercussions of our little jokes; I only hope we didn't break up a happy marriage because one just happens to be exceedingly jealous or something.

Please take this in stride, with a bit of humor. We're only trying to have fun. And also make someone's day. Perhaps those little cards will make someone smile.

..::heartsinfall::..

No comments: