Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NaNoWriMo

We're Getting Really Good at Finding Things to Amuse Ourselves
by Mil'vardea

Compete in NaNoWriMo!


Since 2005, I have been participating in a yearly marathon of words, called NaNoWriMo (NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth, thus NaNoWriMo, pronounced "Nano Rai-Moe"). The idea is to write a novel, or some of a novel, over the course of the month of November. To win, you must write 50,000 words between November 1st at midnight and midnight December 1st. I must be some kind of masochist to subject myself to this every year. However, this year, I shall have two devoted sidekicks in my quest to 50,000; Canada and Smoo have decided to join my struggle. The three of us actually participated in NaNoWriMo last year, but some stuff came up and we all kind of fell off the wagon before the deed was done. However, with our devotion to writing recently restored by the swift descent of autumn, we shall again attempt to rise to the challenge. If you want to join our quest, visit nanowrimo.org and sign up. You can friend me! My screen name is MinaInBlue and my user number is 95603. Good luck to all of you writing this year! I'm so excited. I'm going to try and post an excerpt sometime next week of what I will be writing. Glorious!

..::heartsinfall::..

No comments: