Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Still a Little Disappointed

All that work, and really for nothing.
by Mil'vardea

Well, never base your fun in hopes that complete strangers will react to whatever you are doing in a fun way. They always disappoint.

We received an e-mail from Becca, one of the cars we recently Valentine'd. She asked, politely, "who is this?" and that was all. I guess I was hoping for more of a response; I wonder if she was hoping it was from someone specific, and is now mad at us for not being who she was hoping.

We've gotten a grand total of three replies from all of our work. I think we put out about ten of them, which is a fair amount of response, 30%. However, no one e-mailed us a second time (which, I think, deep in my heart, was what I was really hoping for, like a demented kind of penpal, chosen by chance).

All of the cards are out, and no one is interested in talking to us.

It's sad, I think. I guess I was being overly optimistic with this whole thing. However, I will not give up. I plan to buy Valentines in bulk next year, so as to be able to hand them out all year long. This roadblock will not keep me down for long, haha!

..::heartsinfall::..

No comments: